About Marisa Rodriguez Holguin
Marisa was born with a commitment to and appreciation for the labor movement. Since birth, Marisa’s family instilled in her the importance of organized labor and the significance of the labor movement. As a young child, Marisa’s parents took her to march in the funeral of César Chávez.
Marisa’s family members include current and former members of the University Professional and Technical Employees (UPTE), International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT), United Teachers Los Angeles (UTLA), United Automobile Workers (UAW), Amalgamated Transit Union (ATU), and Hotel Employees Restaurant Employees Union (HERE). She gives much gratitude to her father for trailblazing a path for Latinx union-side labor attorneys.
Her upbringing and personal experiences guide Marisa in her practice today. It is her honor to represent labor unions in all aspects, including advocacy guidance, grievance handling, arbitration, collective bargaining, litigation, and matters before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB).
- State of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Education, Honors and Professional Associations
Professional Associations and Honors:
- AFL-CIO Union Lawyers Alliance (ULA) (formerly Lawyers Coordinating Committee) Member
- California Lawyers Association, Labor and Employment Law Section Member
- ULA Lawyers of Color Caucus Member
- Mexican American Bar Association Member
- University of Southern California (USC), Gould School of Law, Juris Doctor with Honors and a Certificate in Media and Entertainment Law
- Loyola Marymount University, Bachelor of Business Administration
- The Queen’s College, University of Oxford (study abroad)