About Marcos Rodriguez Holguin
Marcos Holguin is an Attorney at SR Holguin, PC. In that capacity he represents unions at every stage and in all aspects of labor and employment law matters.
Marcos was raised in a family of many generations of union members that instilled in him the importance of the labor movement. In just his immediate family, Marcos’ father is an honorary member of the International Longshore and Warehouse Union (ILWU), Local 13; his mother is a retired member of the University Professional and Technical Employees (UPTE), Local 2; his paternal grandfather was a member of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT), Local 208; his paternal grandmother was a member of the United Teachers Los Angeles (UTLA); and his maternal grandfather was a member and elected officer of the United Automobile Workers (UAW), Local 216.
While in college, Marcos served as a Law Clerk at the union-side labor and employment law firm that would become SR Holguin, PC. During law school, he gained litigation experience as a member of his law school’s National Trial Team. Marcos also served as a Law Clerk and later as a Post-Bar Law Clerk at the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office, Major Crimes Division. While there, he assisted in the prosecution of some of Los Angeles County’s most complex and high-profile cases.
At SR Holguin, PC, Marcos serves as a Litigator, an outside General Counsel to unions, a Counselor to union officers, a Collective Bargainer, a Trainer to union officers and stewards, and an Advisor with respect to political, policy, legislative and regulatory affairs.
Marcos is experienced representing unions in state and federal court and before administrative agencies including the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). Marcos is also experienced representing unions in elections, collective bargaining, grievances, arbitrations, discipline proceedings, internal governance, and all day-to-day operations. Further, Marcos uses his specialized education and political expertise to represent unions before elected and appointed officials and in public affairs. He also represents and advises unions’ political action committees (PACs) regarding campaign finance law and all aspects of administration.
In 2020, Marcos was selected as part of an exclusive group of young union-side litigators from across the country to participate in the AFL-CIO Union Lawyers Alliance’s rigorous Litigation Workshop.
When not representing unions, Marcos can often be found spending time with his dog, or at LA Dodgers baseball or UCLA Bruins football games.
- State of California
- District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Education, Honors, and Professional Associations
Professional Associations and Honors:
- AFL-CIO Union Lawyers Alliance (formerly Lawyers Coordinating Committee) Member
- California Lawyers Association, Labor and Employment Law Section Member
- California Political Attorneys Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section Member
- Mexican American Bar Association Member
- The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law Dean’s Award, 2018
- Vincent Miraglia Award for Outstanding Service to the Student Bar Association, 2018
- The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law Alumni Council Member
City of South Pasadena Animal Commissioner
- South Coast Air Quality Management District (AQMD) Air Quality Management Plan Advisory Council Member
- ILWU Feed the Community Day Volunteer
- ILWU, Local 94 Feeds COVID-19 Frontline Workers Volunteer
- The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, Juris Doctor with a concentration in Criminal Litigation, 2018
- Student Government Vice President
- The Catholic University of America, Master of Arts in Congressional and Presidential Studies, 2018
- St. John’s University, Bachelor of Arts cum laude in Government and Politics, 2015