Contact Jonathan Jung
About Jonathan Jung
Jonathan is devoted to serving the labor movement. Before law school, his grandmother explained to him how working for a union made a significant impact on their family: she made a living wage, earned health and retirement benefits, and put her children through college. After learning this history, Jonathan dedicated his work to serve workers so that others could enjoy similar opportunities as his family.
While in law school, Jonathan was a Peggy Browning Fellow for the Laborers’ International Union of North America (LIUNA). There, he researched issues regarding construction labor law, administrative law, and apprenticeship programs. He also served as a Legal Extern at the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), Local 721, where he was first chair in an arbitration regarding a grievance against an adverse disciplinary action and negotiated a settlement on behalf of a member.
Jonathan received his J.D. from Southwestern Law School and his B.A. from Cal Poly Pomona, where he participated in mock trial and studied abroad in Amsterdam.
- State of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
Education, Honors and Professional Associations
Professional Associations and Honors:
- AFL-CIO Union Lawyers Alliance (ULA) Member
- California Lawyers Association, Labor and Employment Law Section Member
- Peggy Browning Fellow, 2019
- Witkin Award for Academic Excellence, Capstone: Employment Law
- Southwestern Law School, Juris Doctor, 2020
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) Extension, Paralegal Certificate with Distinction, 2013
- California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, Bachelor of Arts cum laude, 2012